Metlife, Inc (“Metlife”) has helped generations of people around the world protect their families and finances. We are one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits, and asset management to our individual and institutional customers.
Role Value Proposition:
Responsible for front to back-end development within a defined system independently, possessing a complete technology stack, process capabilities, and agile modern ways of working. Design, develop and implement solutions, based on a set of standards and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise data, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Assists in the creation of architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms in a limited capacity.
· Participate in the collection and documentation of technical requirements.
· Participates in technical design, development, implementation and maintenance of application systems as well as projects.
· Responsible for front or backend development, with an understanding of both.
· Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and related code.
· Participates in the investigation and resolution of production management incidents, problems, and service requests.
· Supports production applications/platforms.
· Identifies innovative solutions to technical challenges.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Highly analytical, methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Long-term vision, experimentation mentality
- Ability to think strategically, assess business risk and apply creative problem-solving skills
- Strong team player and ability to learn quickly
- Proactive work style, especially as it relates to project, client and partner follow-up
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams simultaneously
- Awareness of various work styles, communication and cultural differences and needs; ability to adapt to each audience’s unique approach
- Strong relationship-building skills - internal colleagues, 3rd parties, suppliers / vendor management – on and off-shore
· Delivery focused
· Customer service focused
· Proactive and motivated
· Builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
· BA/BS in Comp Science/IS/Engineering
· Typical 5+ years' experience (total)
· Proficiency with various database technologies and solutions, including both SQL and NoSQL.
· Ability to work with applicable collaboration tools that drive an end to end delivery of product through persistent teams.
· Agile certifications: SAFe Certifications (SSM, SP) & Scrum Certifications
· Knowledge of modern web framework such as Node.js, AngularJS or VueJS.
Reports to: CIO, Agile Delivery Manager
Other Key Stakeholders:
· Governance lead (PM)
· Business Product Owner
· Quality testing lead
· Scrum lead
· Functional Analyst
· Local Business Leaders: Strategy, Distribution & Analytics
· Local Functional Leaders: IT, Marketing, Operations, HR, Finance, Legal
· Other Global Leaders: ITRS, IT Infrastructure & Architecture
Job Location: Rome
Knowledge of the English language is a fundamental requirement and the selection process will be held in English.
Consenting to the processing of your data in accordance with the privacy regulations, you may send your resume directly to email@example.com indicating in the subject line "Software Engineer".
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on any basis protected by law. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, religions and sexual orientations. We strive to find the best candidate for all positions and a diverse range of applicants ensures we widen our talent pool in order to achieve this. Any applicants with disabilities and neurodiverse conditions, please do let us know about your reasonable adjustments to ensure that we can best meet your needs.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
We ensure to reward and recognise our employees for their contributions and accomplishments at work. We value our employees’ commitment to their work by offering a competitive and extensive compensation and benefits package. This includes 25 paid holidays, performance-based bonus, health insurance, income protection and pension benefits. MetLife will also assist in the funding of professional fees for employees where it is relevant and aligned to your position within the organisation. MetLife reserve the right to make a judgement on whether the subscription is relevant or not to your role as well as cease the payment at any time. This type of subscription will not incur “benefit in kind” tax
Bring your true self to work every day, receive the development and support you need to perform at your best, opportunities to advance your career and surround yourself with likeminded people. Join MetLife.