Job Title: Legal Counsel
Job Location: Milan
Metlife, Inc (“Metlife”) has helped generations of people around the world protect their families and finances. We are one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits, and asset management to our individual and institutional customers .
Role Value Proposition:
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic legal team, providing support to the Head of Legal for MetLife in Italy. MetLife Italy is a multichannel branch of an Irish company. As such, the role is varied, fast paced and require coordination with the central team in Dublin. Given the strategic organisational importance of the legal team, this is a real opportunity to make a difference, to work on several projects at once and to be visible to senior management.
The purpose of the job of Legal Counsel is to provide legal services for MetLife Europe in all areas and activities, including:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts
- Monitoring and advising on legal and regulatory change affecting the business
- Provision of accurate, prompt and relevant legal advice counsel to internal business stakeholders across a wide range of legal matters
- Litigation management and reporting
- Supporting the Complaints Department in handling the most relevant compliants
- Undertaking legal research and monitoring changes in legislation
- Supporting on project work to ensure smooth delivery of legal deliverables
- Advising on aspects of privacy laws and impact on the business, with support from the data privacy office and lawyers specialising in privacy matters
- Supporting MetLife Italy’s success in achieving its objectives
- Minimise exposure to legal risk, including the identification, management and reporting of activities or transactions that could expose MetLife to material legal risks
- Provide direction, leadership and advice in relation to legal matters for cross functional projects and business initiatives
- Develop innovative and value-adding solutions to assist business stakeholders in optimising their use of legal resources
- Monitoring relevant industry and market developments in relation to advances and best practices
- Develop effective and collaborative working relationships across the branch.
- Work with the wider MetLife group`s legal function in order to maximise efficiencies and foster alignment
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant post qualification experience in private or in-house practice in insurance/financial sector
- Proficiency in English
- Experience in general corporate legal and regulatory matters, commercial law, insurance law, insurance/financial services regulation, privacy law.
- Proven background of building collaborative partnerships and maintaining internal and external stakeholder trust and confidence with outstanding communication, organisational and interpersonal skills and utilisation of these skills in advising / influencing senior level executives and team members at a local and at a wider group level
- Excellent understanding of the Italian and European legal environment and trends
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in a multi-national and cross border insurance or financial services company is a distinct advantage.
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on any basis protected by law. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, religions and sexual orientations. We strive to find the best candidate for all positions and a diverse range of applicants ensures we widen our talent pool in order to achieve this. Any applicants with disabilities and neurodiverse conditions, please do let us know about your reasonable adjustments to ensure that we can best meet your needs.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
We ensure to reward and recognise our employees for their contributions and accomplishments at work. We value our employees’ commitment to their work by offering a competitive and extensive compensation and benefits package. This includes 25 paid holidays, performance-based bonus, health insurance, income protection and pension benefits. MetLife will also assist in the funding of professional fees for employees where it is relevant and aligned to your position within the organisation. MetLife reserve the right to make a judgement on whether the subscription is relevant or not to your role as well as cease the payment at any time. This type of subscription will not incur “benefit in kind” tax. Bring your true self to work every day, receive the development and support you need to perform at your best, opportunities to advance your career and surround yourself with likeminded people. Join MetLife.
Inviare le candidature all'indirizzo email firstname.lastname@example.org